Monday, December 19, 2011

Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit












This was a fantastic story which shocked me I never thought I would have started to watch it from just looking at the covers on netflix. I have always seen it on netflix for the past few years but thought it was going to be a corny lame ass story and I didn't want to watch something so bad after coming off so good anime. It turned the story was a great adventure about a female warrior who has to take care of this little prince while his father is out to kill him. From looking at the trailer the female seemed like a manly women and at the time of watching the clip I think I had just finished Girls Bravo so I was more interested in an ecchi story than an action or the main female character had to be aleast alright looking.

I eventually started watching it and it became one of those series that kept me going to the next episode to see what was going to happen next. The story is about a young prince who has a water spirit living inside of him. This spirit is considered a demon by the king and he has his men go kill his son so the land wouldn't be cursed with a drought. It seems very harsh for the King to do this to his son but he was thinking that this would help out the country so he would sacrifice his youngest son for the sake of the country. Now if I was the King I wouldn't have been so quick to kill my son without looking if there was a way to prevent my son from dying. At first I thought the King was an evil tyrant but as the story progresses it will show you that he was just panicking like all the others on his side and just started killing people to hope that it will solve everything. Luckily the female warrior Moribito was walking by in the area and she saves the little prince while the kings' men were trying to assassinate him once again. The queen eventually ask her to save her son but kind of gave her a protect my son or die type order. It's funny throughout the story the king's men try to assassinate the kid and woman and Moribito would fight them off while not trying to kill them. If she did try to kill them it would have been no problem reminding me of Rurouni Kenshin. After the kings' men finally finds out that there is a way to help the water spirit and the prince they work with Moribito

 but at the end when everything is done they try to kill Moribito so that no one will ever know about the events that happen and to make the prince seem more like a hero for saving the country and not talking about anything what Moribito did to keep the king alive. They also wanted to protect there own ass from looking so bad trying to go after the prince and kill him. This whole adventure would have been very simple if all the sides in the story decided to listen to each other to help solve the problem without trying to kill the other thinking that the other is considered barbaric. Didn't talk about the other main characters and places because I suggest you watch the story because it has a good begginning and end. Overall I give the story a 5 out of 6. Moribito I hope ends up with the dude who took care of her wounds all her life. I don't know why she didn't tell him to come with her or just stay home she was in the age to start making babies.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...